On Sun, 20 Mar 2011, Andreas Dick wrote:

> dear list again
> I have the problem that if I resume my freevo-1.9.2b2 PC after a suspend,
> (using /etc/acpi/sleep.sh as shutdown command) the inserted DVD is playd
> automatically after ca 8sec... and this is not what I want.
> On the other hand, if I start freevo on an allready running PC, the DVD do not
> start automatically...
>
> The logfiles says the following (Debug on):
> 2011-03-20 16:49:51,328 DEBUG    main.py (568): Main loop starting...
> Freevo 1.9.2b2 ready

Do you shutdown and restart freevo before/after the suspend, as this
appears to suggest that freevo has just started?

> 2011-03-20 16:49:51,329 DEBUG    Creating thread notifier and signal wakeup
> pipes (purge=False)
> 2011-03-20 16:49:54,443 DEBUG    rom_drives.py (595): drive_status changed 3 -
>> 4

Looks like this is caused by the drivers reporting no disc and then ~3
seconds later (spin up time?) as detecting a disc.

> now, is it possible to deactivate ths behaviour? or is it a bug, I will try
> then to hack freevo for a fix.

If you can try to fix it that would be very useful :-)

Cheers

Adam