On Sun, 2012-03-25 at 10:29 -0700, Phil Raymond wrote:
> Liz,
>
> Just to add to what Adam said for recording, I think the commands I use for
> recording a stream from my Hauppauge HD PVR will also work for recording on
> the HD Home Run. I added this to the Freevo wiki for TV-DVB config 2 years
> ago. By the way, after you start the record server, you'll need to open a
> second terminal to start Freevo. When you go to schedule a recording, it will
> say the record server is not on. Ignore the warning and schedule one anyway,
> it should record. Let us know if you have any luck with this.I use video1,
> since video0 is my web cam. Here it is....

Actually that won't work as the HDHomeRun isn't a device attached to a
computer, but to the network.
You'll need to use netcat (or vlc) to dump the stream to disk.

Having looked at the code, the format of the channel names has to be
<frequency>.<channel name>.

You'll also need hdhomerun_config installed.

Cheers

Adam