On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:35:39 +1000
Liz <ed...@billiau.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 22:32:50 +0100
> Adam Charrett <a...@dvbstreamer.org> wrote:
>
> > I've attached a knocked together a HDHomeRun recording plugin, drop
> > this into the freevo/tv/plugins directory under the python library
> > directory where freevo was installed (something
> > like /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/freevo/tv/plugins).
> > Then use this plugin instead of the generic record plugin.
> > Hopefully it should do everything that is required to record from
> > the HDHomeRun. If it works I'll drop it into the main repo.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Adam
> >
> > [hdhomerun.py  text/x-python (5569 bytes)]
>

> directory is (Debian)
>  /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/freevo/tv/plugins/
>

> The Recordserver doesn't realise that this is a recording plugin, so
> does not try to use the plugin.
> I've tried two ways of loading it in local_conf.py
> with no success.
> # plugin.remove('tv.generic_record')
> # plugin_record = plugin.activate('tv.hdhomerun')
>
> and
>
> #plugin.remove('tv.generic_record')
> #plugin_record = 'tv.hdhomerun'
>
> and
> trying to make the plugin tv.hdhomerun_record still wasn't successful
>
> I'll ask my writer of bash scripts to look at a record script

and even what might be the correct syntax
plugin_record = plugin.activate('tv.hdhomerun_record')
results in

$ freevo recordserver --start
Freevo 1.9.2-svn rupstream started at Tue Apr 10 15:18:19 2012
WARNING:
    **  Warning: No recording plugin registered.   **
    **           Check your local_conf.py for a    **
    **           bad "plugin_record =" line or     **
    **           this log for a plugin failure.    **
    **           Recordings will fail!             **