---
F R E N D Z  of martian
---

The final sentence from the article: "They then hope to help broadcasters
around the world develop countermeasures."

Err like what exactly, since this technology is about 15 years old and embedded
in a lot of car stereos...

Now, who else has noticed those electronic noticeboards, that appear to be
controlled through an aerial on the top...??

Richard Ayres wrote:

> ---
> F R E N D Z  of martian
> ---
> Doh!
>
> >They appear to have used the published RDS standards to make devices
> >that constantly transmit the signal to switch, thereby grabbing
> >listeners.
>
> Who made that protocol so easily hackable, eh? Don't they deserve it?
>
> I like this:
> >This will allow them to find out precisely how the pirates operate
> >their listener-stealing trick
>
> As if we (the listeners) are things that can be stolen. Which, of course, we
> are - assets to be acquired and sold to advertisers (or to appease the gov't
> in the case of the BBC). Not that we're told as much.
>
> That's my rant for the day,
> rich
>
> --
> Sent to you via the frendz list at marsbard.com