From: Martin Cosgrave [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 27 January 2000 02:38
To: multiple recipients of
Subject: Re: Vote Rigging

---
F R E N D Z  of martian
---

I tried to script it, honest. Their defence is a bit less obvious than at
first
appears. It looks like a properly crafted GET method URL would do it, but it
doesn't seem to increment the counter (I ran 30-40 hits). Reloading the page
does nothing significant (that I could see) to its contents but you won't be
able to add another vote. However, the page doesn't drop a cookie on the
client.

This seems to imply that they are counting IP addresses. This further
implies
that 10 ppl voting from behind a NAT (masquerading) firewall would be
counted
as a single vote (because as far as the web server knows, the 10 different
clients voting all have the same IP address - that of the firewall).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/buzz_chart.shtml
> and vote for Pink Assasin's 'Small World' because a)It might knock
BabyBird
> off the top, which has to be a good thing and b)It's my mate's band.
>
> Oh, and if anyone knows a good way to non-obviously rig it with a script,
> feel free...
>
> cheers!
>
> ___
> Neil