Another one of the little things that are hard to model in how thought
works is the idea of information transfer.   We imagine a speaker
translates thought into words and speaks them, whereupon a listener
receives the words and translates them back into thought.   If you
carefully trace the actual time sequence of events involved, there's no
information transfer, just cross fertilization of independent worlds.
It's actually the only way a listener can function, to take the jumble
of non sequiturs  masquerading as communication and make something of
them that suites us, slowly building up a mental ecology or original
design that works adequately.  That 'transfer' is just the wrong model
for what physically happens explains a whole lot.

For me sure evidence is that when I actually construct language with
unequivocal references that makes pure mathematical sense I absolutely
always communicate the least.  Without the play between the lines people
play with, that language stuff it nearly useless. :)

Phil Henshaw                       ¸¸¸¸.·´ ¯ `·.¸¸¸¸
680 Ft. Washington Ave
NY NY 10040
tel: 212-795-4844
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]