unison has always been good to me when synchronizing between Windows and Linux, http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/, and I see it's available for OSX, too.  But the problem is always getting a bit tired of waiting for the synchronization to complete when I'm in a hurry, so I don't do it.  I'm using rsync onto a usb laptop drive for some purposes these days, but even then the time involved is a bit tiresome, and the possibility of getting mis-synchronized (ie, overwriting a newer file by accident) is present.

-- rec --