Phil Henshaw wrote:
> The ideal product of democracy is decision making that reflects a whole
> understanding of things by integrating all points of view.   Trouble develops
> when the points of view that believe in suppressing all others take over.

I have my doubts about the evolutionary value of democracy in the modern
world.   For example, in the corporate world the motivation is supplied
by stockholders and the points of view are supplied by employees.
Worse, the corporate leaders, workers, and stockholders are all
different people, disinterested in the welfare of one another.
Complicating matters is that the corporations have the ear of
government.  Democracy in these kinds of conditions requires individual
courage and idealism.