Mr. Rodriguez:

I would like to talk to you about another idea related to the prediction
market tools.  Might there be a best time and number to give you a call?

All the best,
Tom Johnson
Santa Fe

On 1/6/07, Marko A. Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello everyone.
I thought people on this mailing list would be interested in participating
in an online experiment involving (play) money, markets, leader boards, and
the peer-review process.

The Collective Decision Making Systems project at Los Alamos is running a
Prediction Market to study whether or not markets are a viable medium to do
journal/conference peer-review. Currently, we have 3 different markets
running with each having three stocks: "accept", "accept with
modifications", and "reject". Each participant starts with $5,000 (play
money) and the leader at the end of the study will get an acknowledgment in
the studies publication (** I know..but thats all we can do.)

If you are interested in participating, please go to:

http://cdms.inklingmarkets.com/

Also, if you have a paper going in or is currently in peer-review and
would like to see if a market can predict its outcome, please contact me so
we can create a marketplace for it.

Thanks for your time,
Take care,

Marko A. Rodriguez
Los Alamos National Laboratory (P362-proto)
Los Alamos, NM 87545
Phone +1 505 606 1691
http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~okram <http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/%7Eokram>

J. T. Johnson
Institute for Analytic Journalism -- Santa Fe, NM USA
www.analyticjournalism.com
505.577.6482(c)                                 505.473.9646(h)
http://www.jtjohnson.com                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the
existing model obsolete."
                                                  -- Buckminster Fuller