http://nsidc.org/news/press/2007_seaiceminimum/20070810_index.html

from the first page:

Arctic Sea Ice News Fall 2007
During the crucial summer melting season, scientists monitor the condition of
Arctic sea ice for comparison to previous years. For more on the importance of
sea ice and how scientists monitor it, please see our Frequently Asked
Questions.
Please see Press Information for details of interest to journalists.
Ongoing commentary and updates from NSIDC
>From August 10, 2007 through the end of the summer melt season, we will post
>updates as events warrant, below. To view previous updates, scroll down. For
>automatic updates, see our RSS Feed.

Nicholas S. Thompson
Research Associate, Redfish Group, Santa Fe, NM ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Professor of Psychology and Ethology, Clark University ([EMAIL PROTECTED])