My first novel in over thirty yeas, "The Edge of Chaos," has just been
released.  The authors' copies arrived last night.  Set mostly in Santa
Fe, though parts of it are set in Frankfurt and Munich, Germany and two
of the major characters come from New York City.

Here's the copy blurb:

An internationally renowned scientist who fears she's taken one
scientific risk too many; a distinguished archaeologist who's haunted
by taking too few; a world famous financier who's lost everything
except his money; an art gallery owner with a heartbreaking burden; a
fugitive filmmaker; the head of a battered women's shelter--these are
some of the people who find themselves at the end of the Old Santa Fe
Trail at the end of the 20th century.  Chance has brought them from all
over to beautiful legendary Santa Fe, New Mexico, where they shape,
illuminate, and even deform each other's lives unexpectedly, as if on
the very edge of chaos.

This edge of chaos, a scientific term for that slender territory
between frozen predictabililty and hopeless disorder, is a dangerously
unstable place.  Learning and change can only happen there, but always
under threat of sliding back to frozen order--or over into the chaotic
abyss.  And Santa Fe's sons and daughters, even now, keep a precarious
foothold on The Edge of Chaos, bringing their own pasts and their
city's rich history into an uncertain but exhilarating future.

Available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Edge-Chaos-Pamela-McCorduck/dp/0865345783/
ref=sr_1_2/102-5640244-6038511?ie=UTF

Sorry for the shameless self-promotion, but getting a book out is about
like having a baby, except it takes longer.

"A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over,
their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight,
restore their government to its true principles.  It is true that in
the meantime we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the
horrors of war and long oppressions of enormous public debt...If the
game runs sometimes against us at home we must have patience till luck
turns, and then we shall have the opportunity of winning back the
principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at
stake."

                                                Thomas Jefferson