I have mine.

I have not been able to connect to my home WiFi net because, according to
the OLPC website, the software does not yet allow connections to a WAP
router.  Can that be fixed?

Second, is there any Linux software that would turn the device into a touch
screen/handwriting recognition tablet?

-tj

On Dec 23, 2007 12:38 PM, Owen Densmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OK, two things re: the XO:
>
> 1 - How many of us have or will get an XO, probably via the Give1Get1
> program?
>     I have one coming before Jan 15 according to a recent email from
> them.  Claiborne has one.  Tom Johnson is getting one.  Ditto Carl
> Tollander.  That's 4.  Could the rest of us getting one shout out too?
>
> 2 - What would be a good (educational?) project to do on one or more
> of them?
>     The wiki: http://wiki.laptop.org/ has a pointer to the software:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_components
> The good news is that there is an emulator for folks not having an XO:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Emulating_the_XO
>
>    -- Owen
>
> On Dec 23, 2007, at 9:09 AM, Stephen Guerin wrote:
>
> > Nice story of Claiborne with OLPC at FRIAM in the NewMexican.
> > http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Local%20News/Connecting_the_world
> >
> > -Stephen

J. T. Johnson
Institute for Analytic Journalism -- Santa Fe, NM USA
www.analyticjournalism.com
505.577.6482(c)                                 505.473.9646(h)
http://www.jtjohnson.com                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the
existing model obsolete."
                                                  -- Buckminster Fuller