Of possible interest to Category Theory buffs:

John Baez and Mike Stay have a new paper entitled:
    Physics, Topology, Logic and Computation: A Rosetta Stone
at:  http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/rosetta.pdf

In the subsequent discussion at the N-Category Cafe
at:
http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/category/2008/03/physics_topology_logic_and_com.html#c015742
Mike Stay talks a bit about Actors in this framework,
which those who talked to Dale Schumacher several weeks ago after his
FRIAM talk might find interesting.

(note to Dale, this is a bit different from what I had in mind
(i.e. a population of heterogenous agents using CT to build and maintain
neutral networks)
during our FRIAM conversation, but it gives you a sense of how the
correspondence between CT and Actors might be established.)

Carl