That's sort of like how the environmental impact of each dollar we spend is
similarly almost infinite in relation to what we see...   The invisibility,
or 'unaccountability' problem requires developing confidence with
interpolating projected processes and limited local observability.

My latest combined estimate for a can of soda combines LCA inside and
econometric outside measures, and then excludes the double counts. To have a
can of water with CO2 and the flavoring you like on demand, the economy
seems to burn about as many ounces of gasoline as you end up getting in
water...   High octane or low, what's you choice today?

Phil