[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> As an analogy, after decades of viewing plays, TV, and movies, we often find
> ourselves attending to the reality that actors are following carefully
> evolved scripts, with skillful editing weaving together shots into complex
> narratives that entice the viewer to create their version of the story and
> its meanings.

I agree.   Images and information can be synthetic so our individual
models of the world are at least as important as what we can see, read
and hear.  It's important to ask the question:  Does this signal I'm
getting make sense?  And it not, is it my cognitive failure or is the
signal fake?   I think it is important to cross-reference our models on
public matters, since a model be convincing in context (even provably
correct) but fail in an another, and because of the possibility of
faulty reasoning or mental disease.

Marcus