A repeat of my previous e-mail and a reminder that the Santa Complex will
offer the possibility of publishing articles on applied complexity.   Paul

All of you know what a valuable and fun discussion forum FRIAM has been for
the past four+ years.  All the archives can now be found
at http://n2.nabble.com/Friam-f471366.html thanks to Owen and Nick.  All this
for free!

Some of us have been struggling hard (over 3000 hours of volunteer work) to
make this same kind of discussion available in a physical place available to
kids, a place where art and science meet, a space for projects and applied
complexity, a place for syncretism and cross fertilization of ideas.  And it is
working:  we have had 22 events with the participation of >3000 people; we have
been mentioned in newspapers (we were named "best place to mix art and science"
by the Santa Fe Reporter) and radio; 30 kids have been to training sessions;
and much more is planned.  We have received a grant from the City of Santa Fe
and a number of local businesses are donating time and materials to help us
get started. But we need your help to meet our on-going cash expenses as we
slip
into the grant calendars for funding agencies.  So we would be very
appreciative and delighted if you could contribute before August 15th.
Contributions
can be made through our website www.sfcomplex.org/wordpress/donations and are
tax deductible.

Please help!  Thank you!