Interesting observation.  That's rather common in how conversations and
languages evolve I think, reusing pieces snatched from old ones, without the
whole.  In culture the 'compost' is very nutritious.  Natural systems,
biology and economies often find new uses for the compost of prior
constructs left over, bent a bit maybe, used in combination with other bits
of things from other origins maybe.  That's how technologies cross fertilize
too.   The most natural thing around, really.

Phil