So far I only hear issues about mapping theoretical things to theoretical
things, math to math, theory to theory.  Last I knew the only mapping
between physical and theoretical things had to do with ranges of uncertainty
in measures of the physical things, like weight and height guessing, and
that critical step of abstracting a measure from physical things as the
basis of correspondence, to give math something to correlate, was completely
necessary.  Have you guys dispensed with that somehow?

Phil