Hi,

My name is John Kennison and I am glad to be welcomed to the Friam group. I am
a retired Math professor and have been a friend and colleague of Nick
Thompson's for many years. My field is category theory and I am interested in
all kinds of applications of categories to other areas of math, including
dynamical systems. I have been reading Rosen's "Life Itself" which seems
half-baked, pretentious and badly written, but which also seems to be asking
some deep and important questions. So I enjoy trying to puzzle my way through
it.

I like listening to discussions about the nature of math. While I have
practical experience as a mathematician and am not afraid to voice my opinions,
I have done almost no philosophical  reading on this subject.

---John