It's part of my interest in getting a science blender or two but I haven't gotten any organizer nibbles when I've posted to discuss.

-d-

On Aug 19, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Tom Johnson wrote:

This is about the U.S. presidential candidates, but obviously science-related issues are a global concern.

-tj

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shawn Otto - ScienceDebate2008 team <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Subject: Take 30 seconds to advance science coverage
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Contribute Now

Dear John ,

We need you to take 30 seconds to help raise the profile of science in election coverage.

Part of our work is letting the American news media know that people care about big science issues, and that they deserve coverage. Katie Couric is inviting people to submit questions to her, which she will ask the candidates at the conventions. Here's her youtube video.

We encourage you to digg this question, submitted by a supporter, so it rises in popularity, and submit others like it. Let's make sure Katie knows we care about seeing a Science Debate!

In other news, both the Obama and McCain campaigns have said they will respond to the 14 questions. While we look forward to the responses, we still feel strongly that a candidate for president should discuss these critical substantive policy questions in a televised forum before the American public. The candidates both appeared last weekend at a "Faith Forum," acknowledging the importance of evangelical religion in the election. But polling shows a large majority of Americans say public policy decisions should be based on science instead of elected officials' personal beliefs. Americans are more likely to vote for a candidate based on their real-world solutions to the questions we pose. It is a mistake for the campaigns to assume evangelical voters are not also intelligent, educated, and weighing the 14 science issues in their voting decisions. In fact, a whopping 85% of Americans polled would like to see the candidates attend a forum on the 14 questions.

Please make an online contribution to continue to help elevate science in the U.S. elections!

-The Team at ScienceDebate2008.com

Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy

J. T. Johnson
Institute for Analytic Journalism -- Santa Fe, NM USA
www.analyticjournalism.com
505.577.6482(c) 505.473.9646(h)
http://www.jtjohnson.com [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the
existing model obsolete."
-- Buckminster Fuller