Not quite: I'm saying that you don't need to calculate the probability of
ANY of the paths because the constraints of your problem mean that the
probabilities (whatever they are are) of all the paths (however many of them
there are) MUST sum to one (because in your problem definition the path
finally does have to get to the point (10,10))

Here's another (famous) problem that can be answered using a top-down
technique rather than a bottom-up: if you have a regular 8x8 chess board and
you remove the bottom left and top right squares, how many ways can you
cover the remaining 62-squares completely using non-overlapping 2x1
rectangles?

Robert