No, no!  "Life is like a metaphor!"
NO, "Life is a simile"
No, WAIT!  "Life is a metaphor, but LIKE a simile"
Or so we "figure".

merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
life is such a scream!

This is how the surrealists probably got started, you know!

- Steve
Metaphors are like painting a green car red.

Or, like a shoe having it's sole condemned to perdition.

Or, like a musician experiencing rough sax.