Nick is quite correct.  And remember, too, that it is better to VOTE EARLY &
VOTE IN PERSON in any state where it is possible.  And if you're a U.S.
citizen abroad, get your ballots mailed this week.

Post-election analysis in 2004 and 2006 suggests that mailed-in ballots are
more prone to disappear than the others.

-tj

On 10/12/08, Nicholas Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I apologize for this, and I promise I wont repeat it, but....
>
> It is of the utmost importance that people vote early, if you can.  . There
> is every indication that the polls will be jammed on election day.  This
> week, you can vote early at the courthouse on Grant Street.  After this
> week, and until the first of november, you can vote there and at at least
> two other locations in Santa Fe.   Voting early is an act of generosity to
> those who may have more constrained schedules and be unable to wait in long
> lines on election day.  In effect, you are making it easier for them to
> vote.
>
> OK.  I'm done.
>
> Nick
>

> Nicholas S. Thompson
> Emeritus Professor of Psychology and Ethology,
> Clark University ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

J. T. Johnson
Institute for Analytic Journalism -- Santa Fe, NM USA
www.analyticjournalism.com
505.577.6482(c)                                    505.473.9646(h)
http://www.jtjohnson.com                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the
existing model obsolete."
-- Buckminster Fuller