Tonight @ sfX:

Wednesday, October 29 @ 6:00pm
Whiskey's for Drinking

and more to come: read on

All programs at Santa Fe Complex · 632 Agua Fria · Parking via Romero St. For more information, call 505/216.7562 or visit sfcomplex.org
Support sfX

Help achieve our vision of a community studio by donating, volunteering or joining sfX. Click the PayPal link below to make a financial contribution to sfX. Click here to learn more about joining or volunteering.

Keep current on events and projects at Santa Fe Complex:

Whiskey's
for Drinking (Finally)
Wednesday, October 29 6:00 pm

Join sfComplex practitioners Kim Sorvig and Paul Paryski plus RiverSource's Rich Schrader for the second Santa Fe Complex blender on water issues.

Sorvig and Paryski will present a broad analytic perspective of New Mexico's limited water resources and how they are managed--or, perhaps, mismanaged. Schrader will explore online portfolios for citizen-stewards to tell stories of place, health, and restoration of ecological function and form. Click here for more information.

Max Music
Delayed to Friday, Nov. 7
Friday, November 7, 7:00 pm
Frito Friday steps into electronic experimentation with music, coding and fun. Food is provided, donations are appreciated. It's a great way to unwind from the week at our weekly casual get together.

SFMax Users Says Trick or Treat First
The first meeting of SFMax, a Max/MSP users group for experts, novices and anyone who is curious about merging traditional and contemporary music, has been rescheduled to Friday, November 7 after Halloween. All things MAX will be included in the group's meetings: MIDI control, audio processing, video processing (Jitter), interactivity (sensors and device control), Max resources on-line, third party externals and applications (performance, video, installations, etc.).

The group will meet every other Friday. Each meeting will feature a presentation by a group member or invited guest followed by Q&A and open discussion. Mark it on your calendar; contact Philip Mantione for more information. Wikipedia has this summary of the Max environment; to learn more about Max, visit the website of Cycling74, the company behind the software.

November Preview
Art, Culture & Science @ sfX

November promises to be our busiest month yet. Here's a quick preview of coming events:
Sunday, 11/2: The Process Presents Rainbow Arabia & Ganji (7 pm)
Wednesday, 11/5: Architecture for Humanity, 6pm
If you are interested in design &/or building, sustainable design, if you are design professional and want to give back to your community, if you enjoy helping people, if you appreciate good design, art, and community, or enjoy learning about these topics, we want you! Friday. 11/7: sfMax (9:07 pm): The Max user group kicks-off on Frito Friday (7 pm)
Thursday, 11/13: Cafe Scientifique (6:30 pm)
An evening of hands on experiments separating and analyzing DNA with scientists from the Joint Genome Institute. Space is limited to 30. For info, visit Cafe's website.
Saturday, 11/15: EarthWorks Institute celebration
Sunday, 11/6: Four Writers with Musical Interludes (3 pm)
Four New Mexico writers--John Brandi, Renée Gregorio, Anne Valley-Fox, and Tom Ireland--read from their work, with musical interludes.
Tuesday, 11/18: q-bio lecture series, HIV Vaccines (6 pm)
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is responsible for one of the largest epidemics of modern history: more than 2 million die every year. Why don't we have a vaccine after 25 years of research? This lecture will be devoted to answering this question and reviewing the field of HIV vaccine design.
Wednesday, 11/19: Algernon in Santa Fe (9 pm)
Chicago-based experimental/indie/rock group Algernon joins The Late Severa Wires and Gargamel in a fund-raiser for Santa Fe Complex.
Thursday, 11/20: Cafe Scientifique (6:30 pm)
Viruses & bacteria cause at least 20% of all cancers. Learn how eliminating infections by these agents is a primary approach to preventing the development of these cancers. For info, visit Cafe's website.
Sunday, 11/23: The Process Presents Sheley Hirsch (6 pm)
an unorthodox, extraordinary fusion of vocalist, composer, and performance artist.
Details coming on our web page and this newsletter.

Be Part of the Complex

Are you working on a project that fits the complex? Would you like to volunteer to help us with our events or publicity? If so, call us at 505/216.7562. We need to talk .

Come Visit Us

Santa Fe Complex is located in the Railyard Art District within walking distance of the hotels, restaurants and shops at the plaza downtown. We're housed in two facilities, the project space at 624 Agua Fria and the work space at 632 Agua Fria.

The conference area contains meeting rooms and facilities for short- term use associated with on-going sfComplex projects. The project space houses the great room, where we hold events and offer Internet access, working facilities, a coffee lounge and work carrels for laptop users.

While there is parking at 624 Agua Fria, the Romero Street parking lot is more conveniently located for the 632 facility. Romero St. is an old-style Santa Fe ox-cart road just east of the 624 driveway. Follow it until it opens up to two lanes and turn hard right into the parking lot for 632.

Here's a map to our location, a representative shot showing the Railyard District and a sketchup drawing of the facility at 632. For more information, call 505/216.7562 or click here.

Don Begley
Managing Director
Santa Fe Complex
624 Agua Fria St
Santa Fe, NM 87501

Forward email

This email was sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Email Marketing by

Santa Fe Complex | 624 Agua Fria | Santa Fe | NM | 87501