Owen,

It's more like a chronic irritation than actual pain, but I hear your
rebuke.   I suppose that when the RWRDDA movement (Right  Wing Religious
Dumbing Down of America) movement becomes sufficiently intolerable to more
of our scientific community, additional folks will begin to speak out on the
subject.  Perhaps if we get a Creationist Vice President the process will
accelerate!

Until then, I'll pipe down.

--Doug