Interesting quote, indeed.

I personally find it challenging to keep up with new mathematical notations.
"With every new mathematical concept comes its own new mathematical
notation." I can't remember who said it, but I find it true. I can't quite
decided whether it's the new notation, or the new concepts that cause me
fits.

Example, see Samson Abramsky's (Oxford Quantum Computing) extension of
Feynmann diagrams into a new "graphical calculus".

So I suppose I ask: "Which mathematical notations are destined for history's
dust bin?"

Ken