It's not really about definitions, except how the natural change in
relationships is changing definition.   As far as personal bonding and the
forms of lasting attachments go there's a lot more variety than simplistic
rules of gender permutations and combinations can ever define.   Among the
gay's I know of 'wife' is not undefined at all, except as it raises
stereotypes in others minds that don't fit.   When talking about defining
categories of natural forms I think you need to look in some other book.

Phil Henshaw