I filled in all the fields (skipping the optionals gave me the invalid session cookie message) and it started to download a 14+ MB pdf file with a pretty picture on the cover of some astronomist. Since this essentially locked up my laptop and my copy of Firefox I had to kill it at 750kb. Others may have more success.
Thanks
Robert C

Robert Holmes wrote:
Good lord, considering the WWW was invented by a Brit physicist, you'd think we'd know how to build web pages....

I get that cookie error too and I'm actually logged in using my Inst of Phys login details. If I can ever get my hands on the pdf, I'll post it.