To: Friam@redfish.com
Sent: 7/22/2009 9:40:42 AM
Subject: [FRIAM] More on Roundabouts

Greetings, all --

For what it's worth, when I was on the City's Traffic Calming Review Task Force
a few years ago, I worked with the Traffic Engineering department to find
suitable intersections in Santa Fe to put in modern roundabouts. I was
especially interested in doing it at the intersection of San Mateo and
Galisteo, since there was room in the then-unbuilt development to accommodate
one. Unfortunately, three of the four landowners approved, but the hold out
held out and we have a 4-way stop at that intersection instead. This article
from Slate speaks to several of the points others made recently:

http://www.slate.com/id/2223035/pagenum/all/#p2

- Claiborne Booker -

Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!