I'm surprised at the creative uses made of the various new "Public Services" like Facebook, Wave, Twitter, Google Apps/Docs/Calendar, Blogger/Wordpress.com, Wikis, .. and so on.

One instance is in mathematics. Sagemath: http://www.sagemath.org/ uses several:
  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sage-Math/26593144945
  http://twitter.com/sagemath
  http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2010654
  http://planet.sagemath.org/
  http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac
  http://wiki.sagemath.org/

Each has a different focus, yet the total ecology seems coherent. There are even tools available to integrate one "post" into several of the sites. A tweet can appear in linked in and in facebook with little difficulty.

Sure gonna make my homework easier come next semester!

    -- Owen