Hi,

Steve wrote:
SimTable (tm) is always in need of more
notional models to demonstrate it's utility across a wide variety of
domains, especially those likely to be involved in public-policy
decisions.
Also, the SF Complex art crowd might be interested in looking at interactive exhibits using fluid dynamics algorithms.
Here are some cool videos of vortex sheets and vortices, etc.

http://media.efluids.com/galleries/vortex?medium=625
http://media.efluids.com/galleries/vortex?medium=578
http://media.efluids.com/galleries/vortex?medium=64

I recently had the opportunity to work on a OpenCL compressible gas dynamics code and was immediately struck by the beauty of these simulations. I'm neither an artist or an applied math guy, so all I could do is make it go fast... A dollar a gigaflop these days with PS3s and GPUs, etc.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hypgad/

Marcus