I have been using Snow Leopard since it came out.  I have had to replace every
part of my development environment (okay, not vi) to make things work.  The 64
bit/32 bit stuff is a problem when using native libraries in Java.   If the
library hasn't made the transition your java may have to move back to 32bit.

Other tools like parallels need to be upgraded, etc.

At this point though I think most everything is working for me.