Nick --

Time is indeed a fascinating topic in philosophy. You may be familiar with Eva
Brann's writings on Time:

http://pauldrybooks.com/eva.php

I can't confirm that "The Apology" was time-constrained - at St. John's, I
suppose it was, in that it was limited to a combined Seminar with the "Crito",
meaning that it was a shared dialogue for one 2-hour Seminar slot (on both
campuses).

I'm fond of a technique attributed to Max Warburg for announcing an evening's
entertainment was over - "Why, you naughty clock! You're chasing my guests
away!"

 - Claiborne Booker -

=