comments this weekend by Rich Murray and Dennis Cox on Guest Blog at cosmictusk.com -- evidence in Santa Fe for vertical ablation from ice comet fragment air bursts: Rich Murray 2010.07.18

http://cosmictusk.com/guest-blog-a-catastrophist-manifesto-from-johan-bert-kloosterman/comment-page-1#comment-1382

Dennis Cox
July 17th, 2010 at 10:29 pm

It should be noted that at locations where you find the 'black mat', the sedimentary material covering it usually doesn't represent a significant amount of erosion, or mass movement. That means that many, if not most, of the surfaces which could be considered as co-affected materials of the same atmospheric conditions that the Nano-diamonds formed in, whether just burned or kicked around a bit, are still in perfectly pristine condition. It also means that a single chronological horizon can be established for almost all of western North America. And that chronology bears no resemblance to the mutual inter-assumptive confabulations of uniformitarian theory.

I'm not sure the world is ready for just how far reaching the upcoming paradigm shift is going to be. But we're in it. There's no turning back. And the realization that the world isn't flat, is pretty ho hum by comparison. Between Firestone and friends and Bill Napier, Chuck Lyell must be rolling in his grave.

The part that I don't hear sinking yet in is that with Bill Napier's latest paper specifically proposing in refereed literature that the Taurid Progenitor was the Younger Dryas comet, he changed the game completely. Because he didn't just give us a convincing astronomical model of the event. We also have a pretty good picture of the physical properties of the thing that did the disastrous deed. And if you can describe a beast, you can predict its footprints.

With Bill Napier joining the fray, YD impact hypothesis has become a fully fledged theory that can successfully predict the planetary scarring. And it isn't craters.

What say we take a great big comet, say 50 to 100 km wide, out of the Oort Cloud, or the Kuiper belt, and inject it into the inner solar system. And we park it an elliptical, Earth crossing orbit, and break it up into not so little pieces. Let it make a couple of orbits, so that tidal forces can break it up completely, and stretch it out into a very long stream of particles and fragments. Our average fragment size is about the size of the Tunguska object. But they range all the way from more than a half mile wide down to clouds or dust.

We'll bring it in from the south at a low angle -- about 30 km/sec. The first fragments to hit will produce temps well over 100,000 degrees C. And they are just cheerleaders, twirling batons in front of a parade. The rest fall into already superheated impact plasma and just crank up the heat and pressure. In this way, almost 100% of the kinetic energy gets translated to heat and pressure. And that heat and pressure hit's the ground as an almost continuous supersonic stream of completely ionized, thermal impact plasma, hotter than the surface sun.

In just a few minutes, I bet we could sterilize the lush African Savanna and make it look just like central Mexico and the American Southwest.

George Howard
July 18th, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Nice summary, Dennis. Keep it up!

Rich Murray
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
July 19th, 2010 at 12:10 am

Dennis Cox blog, plain text, with images of samples of magnetic black glaze on melt rocks from 13 Ka ice comet fragment extreme plasma storm geoablation in Fresno, California: Rich Murray 2010.07.02
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.htm
Friday, July 2, 2010
[ at end of each long page, click on Older Posts ]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/53

Since November, 2008, I've found many sites within 160 km of Santa Fe, New Mexico with similar features, including red-brown sandstone, white-pink granite, lava, and other surface bedrocks, popular as 1 m size parking lot decorations, with ubiquitous black and redbrown surface glazes up to 1 cm thickness, as well as many rocks with white surface coatings.

Common are rounded, often broken, quartz rocks from 2 to 25 cm size with softened and melted surface layers, often with a light yellow color - I imagine quartz rocks suddenly heated and cooled, like glass, will store internal stresses from thermal contraction that cause them to easily and even explosively fragment - a hazard well known to glassblowers.

Sun Mountain
35.659284 -105.912294 2.421 km el, about .191 km rise,
S of St. John's College, parking lot 2.230 km el

Sun Mountain just SE of St. John's College, on its NW slope, below the summit, has many intersecting cracks in the white-pink granite bedrock, about 10 cm thick, about 1 m apart, filled with irregularly crystalized quartz - I imagine that the extreme pressure plasma impact may have opened cracks that were filled the next moment by melted quartz - there are many smaller rocks with similar filled cracks of various colors.

Two Mile Reservoir
35.689440 -105.894726 2 miles E of Plaza, E of end of Cerro Gordo Road against Upper Canyon Road, the Santa Fe River, a 0.13 km long pond left over from a drained reservoir for hydroelectric power.

The top to the N is 2.259 km el, 21 m above the pond's 2.238 km elevation.
The steep rise to the NW of the pond has a good walking path along a 1 m high aluminum wall, giving easy access to many kinds of blasted, broken and glazed rocks in this public park.

http://craterhunter.wordpress.com/the-planetary-scaring-of-the-younger-dryas-impact-event/california-melt/
[ many fine color photos on this article -- this plain text copy has been mildly edited, nothing taken out, to fix minor typos and add spacing to increase readability ]. more