*From:* friam-boun...@redfish.com [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] *On Behalf Of *Russ Abbott
*Sent:* Saturday, August 07, 2010 3:45 PM
*To:* Grant Holland
*Cc:* The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
*Subject:* Re: [FRIAM] entropy and uncertainty, REDUX

That seems to me to be a different point--and one that Glen made about entropy a while ago. Scientific realists assume that what one sees is what there is, more or less, that structure in any dimension is presumed to be part of the universe, and that as observers we just see what is. (I know that's oversimplified, but that's the basic idea.) Predictability is different in that it's a matter of predicting something unknown when the prediction is made.

-- Russ