From: plissa...@comcast.net
To: friam@redfish.com
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 15:34:52 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Meaning of Lift

had wanted to spare Friam this stuff.   It’s specialized, but just Newton
and algebra, which I have often claimed folks need more of.  But, but, but,
I vehemently disclaim that I am a theoretician, or a scholar.   Most
Friamers know a lot more than I. They simply don’t do this stuff.  I’m just
a very practical designer who recognizes that a little learning is a
dangerous thing.   My work is simple-minded and functional, not words, but
machines; operating on land, sea and air in a world where verbose BS quickly
gets you eliminated, oftentimes “with prejudice”!

To make up for the equations, please enjoy the glorious photo.  Taken some
time ago, it is claimed to be the Lissaman 7808 airfoil, showing a SEAL
floating into a perfect point touchdown.  We developed these for extreme
performance for Special Forces.  Gratifying to meet satisfied customers!  The
paper states so, but I am not sure if this *actually* is my airfoil.  Very
hard to tell from this angle.

Peter Lissaman, Da Vinci Ventures

Expertise is not knowing everything, but knowing what to look for.

1454 Miracerros Loop South, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505,USA
tel:(505)983-7728