I pay Verizon $46 / mo. I do not use data. Verizon apparently has some sort of loaner program for travel up to 3 weeks in GPS countries.

Joe

On 5/30/11 9:02 PM, Bin Hu wrote:
I use a minimum Verizon family plan since T-mobile signal is not good
around where I use cell phone most.

Yes. Service for mobile phones are definitely too expensive. If one
does not use cell phone a lot, the best way is to use some prepaid
phone. And T-mobile may have the cheapest prepaid phone plan too. If
one has to subscribe a data plan, then some app allow you to make VoIP
calls directly, so one can use VoIP with a minimum voice plan (this is
what I do).

Also family plan saves a lot. Depending on one's employer, there is a
possibility to get certain discount (as much as 20%).

Bin