- Gmail has an offline feature that you can get to from "settings".
   Doesn't support the latest Firefox though.

   - I started using Gmail before they offered nested labels, so just got
   used to the approach of labeling messages as they come in (usually multiple
   labels and usually done automatically with the filters that I've set up).
   It's definitely a different way of organization than the traditional
   folder/subfolder/subsubfolder approach and I find it nice & flexible.

—R