Marcos wrote circa 11-08-23 06:48 PM:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 8:53 AM, glen e. p. ropella
> <g...@tempusdictum.com> wrote:
>>> Hypothesis:  you are Greek in ancestry and the old disagreement with
>>> the Romans at Sparta is making your biology *refuse* the adoption of
>>> Roman linguistic conventions.
>>
>> Ha!  Yes!  That must be it.
>
> It sounds funny, but I've actually found that irrational
> idiosyncrasies can be traced back to genetics; i.e. ancestral history.
>  So are you Greek or not..... :) ?

Seriously?  What types of genetically caused idiosyncrasies have you found.

In any case, I was adopted; so I don't know for sure.  The nuns told my
parents that I was of Scotch-Irish & German heritage.  So, the answer's
probably no.  But you never know!  Of course, some Celts and Teutons
resisted the Romans with significant enthusiasm.