For Russ Standish, the question is
here<https://plus.google.com/116264189418994838408/posts/CSXeyftovTJ>.
And here's my plodding answer.

If 25% were the correct answer, then either (a) or (d) would be right. So
one would have a 50% chance of getting the correct answer. Hence 25% is not
the correct answer.

If 50% were the correct answer, then (b) would be right. But then one would
have only a 25% chance of picking it by chance. So 50% is not the correct
answer.

If one allowed either 25% or 50% as the correct answer, then 75% would be
the correct answer since (a), (b), or (d) would be correct.

The joke should be that (c) reads 75% rather than 60%. In that case (d)
would be the correct answer. Hence any answer would be correct and one
would have a 100% chance of getting the correct answer.

But none of the answers is 100%. So the correct answer is 0%.

If as John suggests (d) were 0%, then if we decide that neither 25% nor 50%
is the correct answer. then (d) is the correct answer. But in that case,
one would have a 25% chance of getting the correct answer, etc.

On the other hand, the above could be taken to show that none of the
suggested answers is correct.  With (c) at 60%, that seems to be a
reasonable conclusion. So pick any answer and one will be certain to be
wrong. But since none of the answers offers that probability, any selection
will be consistent with that result. Of course there is no way to select
that answer from the ones given. But if there were, as we saw when we
allowed (d) to be 0%, that would foul that answer up anyway.

*-- Russ *