I have subscribed to it in Google Reader, too, although I do not have time to read all the blogs I have subscribed to. Google Reader shows always 1000+ for the number of unread blog posts ( another interesting question, why doesn't Google Reader give an exact number? They say it does not matter and it is faster this way http://goo.gl/jqS9c )

-J.

----- Original Message ----- From: Russ Abbott
To: c...@plektyx.com ; The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:35 AM
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] cigars, grocers, a function of one complex variable....

It's a charming blog, written by a husband and wife (mainly the wife) pair of young physicists. Sabine Hossenfelder is an Asst. Prof for High Energy Physics at Nordita, Living in Stockholm, Sweden. Her husband, Stefan Scherer, works in Scientific Publishing/Public Outreach and is living in Heidelberg/Germany. Apparently they have new twin girls. The stories are their Advent calendar. Here is a "bonus" story from Advent #17. Some twenty-five years ago, I met a colleague of mine emerging from the office of Enrico Fermi. He told me that he had been discussing physics with Fermi; and after a moment's pause asked, "Why am I doing physics? I should probably be a grocer".

-- Russ Abbott
 Professor, Computer Science

 Google voice: 747-999-5105
 Google+: https://plus.google.com/114865618166480775623/