This was on Randy Burge's Google + stream:

http://www.pbs.org/mediashift/2012/02/special-series-cutting-the-cord-to-cable-tv052.html

Basically a series about getting rid of Cable/Satellite TV:

With rising cable and satellite bills, thrifty Americans pinched by the
recession have considered cutting the cord to cable. The savings can be
enormous, even if the tech know-how can be daunting when creating your new
cable-free TV-watching environment. So MediaShift has decided to devote a
week of editorial to cord-cutting, with our in-depth guide, first-person
accounts, and even a defense of cable TV. And we want to hear from you
about your experience -- whether you like cable or loathe it. Sharing your
setup and your situation as a cord-cutter might help others take the
plunge. Here are all the stories in our special series.

Our monthly is $80+ and HUGELY under utilized.  We never use live TV, we
always TiVo.  The closest to current content (i.e. recorded w/in 24 hrs) is
watching is ESPN's Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption.  We also
watch a recent show, The Chew, a sorta foodie reality TV, but generally a
day or so late.  And football games during the season.

The majority of the rest TV we watch is internet media downloads, then
uploaded to the TiVo via pyTiVo, which has the advantage of serving avi,
mp4, ... to the TiVo.  Mainly older TV series like Boston Legal, Star Treck
(TNG & DS9), and so on.

The main problem we have, therefore, is just a few current shows, football
games, and one-offs like the Academy Awards and a few golf tournaments.

So: how do YOU handle getting off cable?  My guess everyone has one "must
have" that simply isn't on the internet one way or another.

   -- Owen