I like the idea of banks being the means by which coins distribute
themselves. Of course, being inanimate and not capable of evolution, it's a
hard case to make. Although perhaps we can say that people and our sense of
pecuniary aesthetics is the means coins have developed to evolve themselves.

Rabies makes more sense. I think that argument actually works.

Here's a Google+
post<https://plus.google.com/u/0/114865618166480775623/posts/97mBng2AKee>that
talks about something similar in fungi.  Here's a piece of it.

*Tree eating fungi.* *The ambrosia fungi have evolved the ability to get
beetles [to] carry them from one piece of dead wood to another. ... [The
beetles] have evolved saddle-like pouches in which to carry the fungus and
feed them during the ride. And once the beetles have reached their
destination, they put the fungus in a safe place (with few other fungi and
bacteria to compete with) and get to work reproducing, in order to make
more beetles, in order to carry the demanding fungus to even more dead
trees.*

*-- Russ Abbott*
***  Professor, Computer Science*
*  California State University, Los Angeles*

*  Google voice: 747-*999-5105
  Google+: https://plus.google.com/114865618166480775623/
*  vita:  *http://sites.google.com/site/russabbott/