John,

wrt statement #2

IF our ancestors are contained within "us" AND "live" (on) in us, THEN
all the information "we" have is in our ancestors too. {Life as an
information / communication problem}

Of course "we" can be more than the sum of our parents. The
information is already out there in the wild/cloud, "we" are just
downloading it onto our genetic hard drives at an increasingly faster
biological rate.

To clarify with an example.

In the early 1980's I coded boot sector computer virii. These code
strings would "infect" by attaching themselves to the"end" of a "copy"
of another executable program (which may have already been infected by
code strings by some other hacker - and not only at the "end" but
perhaps also inserted in the "middle"). The actual application
software (say "pacman.exe") would continue to run until the competing
information strings being "injected / infected" clashed and caused it
to "die".

Similarly, a child is the genetic sum of its parents (and through them
the ancestors)  and information strings (via culture / television /
parent et.al ) which attach itself to the child's "memory" ("memes").

Sorry, if I'm somewhat vague/unclear - buts its not easy reconciling
"religion" and "science".

Sarbajit