From: Paul Paryski <ppary...@aol.com>
To: themail <them...@newyorker.com>
Sent: Tue, May 29, 2012 1:28 pm
Subject: The Climate Fixers May 14

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for publishing Michael Specter’s excellent andinformative article on
technical solutions to global warming which is, I believe, probably the most
importantchallenge to our species and, indeed, other species. As a former
chieftechnical advisor on environmental governance for the United
NationsDevelopment Programme I have followed climate change and anthropogenic
globalwarming issues very closely primarily through the IPCC.

The Stratospheric Particle Injection for Climate Engineeringproject is
particularly (no pun intended) interesting and thought provoking evenwith its
inherent, ecological, environmental and political risks. I wonder ifanother
approach to particle injection might be adding certain reflective particlesto
aviation fuels.  Such a solutionwould be much less costly than a twelve-mile
long pipe held aloft by a balloonand assure global dispersion at smaller
densities.

Of course, there are many who believe mistakenly that our government isalready
adding chemicals to jet fuel creating “chemtrails”.

Paul Paryski
Santa Fe, New Mexico