Great Groklaw post. Personally I'm sick of Apple. I feel about it now the
way I used to feel about Microsoft. I hope the verdict is reversed as
requested by Samsung. If it goes to the Supreme Court it will provide an
opportunity to fix some of the distortions in our current patent system.
But I have no idea whether the Supreme Court will take advantage of the
opportunity. Is Scalia pro-Apple or anti-Apple? How about Roberts? It may
come down to the sort of computer the Supreme Court justices own. Since
Apple portrays itself (or at least used to portray itself) as a rebel,
perhaps the conservative Supreme Court will be inclined not to support
them. In any case, I hope so. It's too bad it comes down to this sort of
personal preferences, though. But that seems to be the way our Supreme
Court operates these days.

*-- Russ Abbott*
***  Professor, Computer Science*
*  California State University, Los Angeles*

*  My paper on how the Fed can fix the economy: ssrn.com/abstract=1977688*
*  Google voice: 747-*999-5105
  Google+: plus.google.com/114865618166480775623/
*  vita:  *sites.google.com/site/russabbott/
  CS Wiki <http://cs.calstatela.edu/wiki/> and the courses I teach