Fascinating.  Unfortunately, we don't have a similar, sound, list of
preventative methods.

I'm told, for example, nuclear electricity generation is on the + side,
vastly less contaminating, weather wise, than most current sources.  The
spent fuel problem is being solved by interesting reuse in the construction
of the reactor chamber.

Yet we reject it to the degree that we are falling behind in nuclear
engineering.

Similar, very local distributed electric generation is also being rejected.
 Solar in Santa Fe is not allowed in "historic" areas.  Neighborhood energy
generation techniques are not being pursued.

I live in a city that can't even handle a problem as trivial as reasonable
broadband per household.  Do I think we have a chance of reducing pollution
when we can't even solve broadband?

No.

So a list of preventatives could be a help.  Especially with the same ratio
of acceptance as this report!

   -- Owen