Well yes, but I'm afraid one, or at most two clicks are required.  Here's
the procedure:

1) Click on the link (I know, you wanted to avoid that, but...)
2) Squint at just the first sentence or two. If
2) a. the article looks like something you might be interested in reading,
open your eyes more fully and scan to the bottom. Alternatively, if
2) b. the article looks completely unappealing, click the little "x" symbol
in the browser tab containing the offending verbiage.
3) Proceed on as you were.
4) #endif

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM, glen e. p. ropella <g...@tempusdictum.com>wrote:

> Is there any chance you could post a little blurb to go with these links
> so that we don't have to click the link in order to find out whether or
> not we want[ed] to click the link?
>
> I've been rick-rolled enough to avoid clicking links with no blurbs. 8^)
>
> Douglas Roberts wrote at 02/01/2013 01:35 PM:
> > Two of them, actually.
> >
> > http://things-linux.blogspot.com/2013/02/epic-fail.html
> >
> http://things-linux.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-natives-are-getting-restless.html
>
> --