HEY!

This my thread and the price of admission is actually being helpful with the
problem. Please don't jam this channel.

After you have said something helpful, THEN you can be ribald.

From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of Douglas Roberts
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:39 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Windows Resource Monitor

How about Trojan cracks? Sounds like rich earth, ripe for tilling.

Merle, what are your thoughts?

On Feb 6, 2013 8:34 PM, "Nicholas Thompson" <nickthomp...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

Hi,

My Dell Studio (yeah, yeah, save the Mac cracks) has been cranky of late,
particularly when streaming stuff, and since I am reluctant to put out a
couple of hundred dollars to have it "tuned up", I have been trying to see
what I can do on my own.  This has led me to the resource monitor, a truly
fascinating little gizmo, a couple of levels down in the Task Manager.
The help files that are attached to it are pretty lean, and I was wondering
if someone knew of a "Resource Monitor  for Idiots" source.

One thing that I immediately learned which was STUNNING was that mac I-tunes
has a chum that it loads called AppleRemoteDevicesManager.exe which grabs 25
percent of your resources off the top and doesn't let go unless you whack it
over the head with a brick.  It's purpose is to manage your relationship
with your mobile devices, but relentlessly demands resources even though you
don't have any mobile devices.   I think of it as essentially an Apple
Trojan.  (Ok, now, you can make Mac-cracks).

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University