Can anybody confirm this as a new form of pfishing?

I got a call from a number in DC today, somebody with a strong Indian
sub-continent accident, telling me that my computer was sending error
messages to the network and offering to help me correct them.  (I have the
number in my phone trap, and would report it if I knew where to report it
to.)  The next step involved my going on my computer and connect it to them,
I assume.   These guys were pretty bad at what they were doing,, but I can
imagine a more subtle line that I might have fallen for.

Does anybody recognize this?

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University

http://www.cusf.org <http://www.cusf.org/>